In 1950, Santa Catalina was founded by a small group of Dominican Sisters. It is their pioneering spirit that has long characterized the school throughout its history. Now we look back with love and gratitude to those in the past who have made the present. The Santa Catalinian 1950 Society was founded to recognize the school’s most loyal and generous supporters whose gifts provide the foundation of annual support to the Santa Catalina Fund each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). Members of the 1950 Society are essential partners with Santa Catalina’s dedicated faculty, staff, and administration in providing the financial support needed to operate our outstanding school. We honor 1950 Society members annually at a special, exclusive event in Monterey.
Founders’ Circle—$20,000 and above
Honoring the pioneering and joyous spirit of the Dominicans who founded Santa Catalina in 1950 with just 22 students
Remembering the school motto, veritas, meaning truth, that continues as the underlying principle of all we do
Commemorating the Hacienda, Santa Catalina’s first classrooms and dormitories, purchased from Colonel Harold Mack in 1950
Celebrating the legacy of our alumnae/alumni who have entered our doors and graduated as responsible, thoughtful citizens of the world
Honoring the commitment of our many supporters whose gifts have allowed Santa Catalina to grow and flourish