The student tour is an integral part of your school search process. Students are the experts in the schools you are looking at. When you have their captive attention, how do you best use your time to make sure all of your questions are answered and you are able to get a feel for the school? Here are the top 15 questions you should ask your tour guide. Especially if you come and tour Santa Catalina School.
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- How do teachers support you in the classroom and outside of class?
- Why did you choose to go to boarding school (even if you are a day student)?
- What is the relationship like between day and boarding students?
- What do you do for fun during the week and the weekends?
- What is it like to go to an all-girls school? If you chose it over a co-ed option, why did you choose it?
- What is your workload like?
- How does the school help you balance your extracurriculars and academics?
- What has been your favorite class and why?
- What kinds of activities are offered on the weekends, and which one was your favorite?
- How does your school prepare you for college?
- What is the food like?
- What is your favorite place on campus and why?
- What is the school vibe like?
- If you could change one thing, what would it be?
It is especially helpful to ask your tour guide at each school similar questions. You will then be able to reflect back on your visit and see what school aligns most with what you are looking for in the school search process.