37th annual Benefit Celebration
Thanks to all who volunteered time to plan, contributed to the auctions, and attended Santa Catalina's 37th Annual Benefit Celebration on March 9, 2019!
We are pleased to present a sustainably planned event for our environmentally friendly community. Join in the fun and support our school!
Wine tasting, zero-waste cocktails, and strolling sustainable small plates
Dessert auction—treats donated by conservation-conscious, local bakers
Wine pull and fine wine auction, silent auction, and count-me-ins
Live auction, raise-the-paddle, and drawing winner announced
Music and dancing
Cocktail attire suggested. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*New this year: 5:30-6:30 p.m. event check-in and champagne reception in library foyer
for Upper School parents
Rejuvenate at Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai
Escape to paradise on Kauai Island for seven days at Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger on stunning Poipu Beach. The Travel Channel calls Poipu Beach one of the world’s best beaches. Situated on the drier, south-side of Kauai, Kaihuna Plantation is one of the only beach-front condo properties in the area. Condos feature a full kitchen, balcony, a master king bedroom, and a sofa bed to accommodate four guests.
The lush oceanfront property is dotted with cactus and orchid gardens that surround tennis courts, a swimming pool, and guest barbecue grills. Step out of your condo in the morning and take a short walk to Poipu beach for the day. Snorkeling equipment, surf lessons, and towels are available at the beach-side hut. Dine at the on-site Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar featuring Pacific Rim cuisine with regional Hawaiian influence or experience world-class dining at several local restaurants. Kiahuna Plantation guests have complimentary access to the Poipu Beach Athletic Club across the street, where a family-friendly pool, hot tub, athletic facilities, and pool-side dining await.
If you thirst for adventures beyond Kiahuna, the onsite concierge can arrange any number of activities for your family. Take a helicopter ride through Waimea Canyon, a boat trip through Fern Grotto, or simply arrange for an in-room massage. With flexible dates for your condo week, the possibilities are endless!
Graciously donated by the Hightower family.
There are many exciting Count Me In parties this year. A few old favorites and some new additions!
Sign-ups will be available on the night of the event.
Here are the events:
- Kids' gingerbread party ($60.00) – Limit 30 people
- High tea at the Monterey Peninsula Country Club Beach House ($75.00) – Limit 40 people
- South County wine tour and Arroyo Seco luncheon ($100.00) – Limit 15 people
- Craft a Thanksgiving table-scape (craft table items) ($40.00) – Limit 20 people
- "Mullets and Mystery": An 80s prom murder mystery party ($75.00) – Limit 16 people
- Guided hike with Big Sur Land Trust ($75.00) – Limit 12 people
- Annual Lobster Fest ($100.00)
We will be accepting proxy/absentee bids for items in our live auction.
Please email your bid to Katey Verweij or call 831.655.9379 and a Santa Catalina staff member will represent you during the bidding in the live auction on the night of the event.
Bid on your favorite items when the online auction opens on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at 8:00 a.m.
The silent auction closes Wednesday, March 13, 2019, at 8:00 p.m.
Don’t let your favorites get away! Get a preview of the online auction items here.
Childcare will be provided by volunteer Upper School students in the Catalina gym from 5:30-10:00 p.m. Cost is $40.00 per child and $35.00 for each additional child. Childcare is offered for ages 3 and up; children must be potty-trained. Proceeds support The Children’s Fund, a student club that sponsors children around the world in an effort to help them build better lives.
- The program includes outdoor play and games, dinner, storytime, and a movie.
- The gym will be set up with activity centers such as Legos, Magnet-tiles, a craft that can be taken home, a drawing and coloring table, and a quiet reading corner with books.
- Please leave your electronic devices (screens) at home.
- A menu will be posted at check-in and will include a variety of healthy snacks, bottled water, pizza (including gluten-free), raw veggies, and a treat.
- Two adults will be in attendance at all times: Upper School teachers Jackie Gibbs (CPR certified) and Melissa Sheets.
- Kids will be assigned to a specific Upper School student (approximately 1:3 ratio) and will stay with that student for the duration of the event. The Upper School student will be on point to accompany younger kids to the bathroom and ensure they return to the gym.
- First aid kit available on site.