Situated at the heart of campus, the Rosary Chapel is the center of spiritual life and a beautiful reminder of the Dominican Catholic tradition on which Santa Catalina is founded. Dedicated in 1954, the chapel was the generous gift of board member Marcia Farrell Hart in memory of her father, James Farrell. Mrs. Hart commissioned San Francisco architect Germano Milano and gifted artisans to create the chapel and its furnishings. The chapel features wood carving by Alec Miller, stained glass windows by Carl Huneke, chandeliers by Forge in the Forest, Honduran mahogany altar and pews, redwood ceilings, and Carmel stone exteriors.
Alumnae may return to campus to celebrate their weddings in the Rosary Chapel. For more information, including securing permission from the Pastor of the San Carlos Cathedral, please contact Julie Atkins at 831.655.9312.