Santa Catalina Lower and Middle School's After-School Enrichment program includes a variety of activities, including partnerships with local organizations. Students build practical skills, gain confidence, and explore their interests while having fun in safe, supportive environments. After-school care begins at the end of class, from 3:20 to 4:00 p.m., with a snack and free play time. After-School Enrichment classes run from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. across campus.
Winter 2024 Schedule
Study Buddies and Catalina After-School Library: January 3–February 22
Enrichment Classes: January 8–February 22
The following classes are offered for Winter 2024. Classes will not take place on school holidays or other dates communicated by the school.
Each class has a minimum and maximum enrollment number. If your child is signed up for a class that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements, or is full at the time of registration, we will contact you directly.
Study Buddies and Catalina After-School Library
Our After-School Enrichment Program provides after-school care and homework help through Study Buddies (PreK-Grade 3) and CASL (Catalina After-School Library, Grades 4-8). Study Buddies and CASL are facilitated by our after-school enrichment team, which includes Director Sulema Martinus and four to six staff members.
We understand that some families may need occasional after-school support. We offer drop-in care in Study Buddies and CASL to support this need.
- Drop-ins are $30.00 per day and must be purchased in packages of five ($150.00) or 10 ($300.00) days.
- These drop-ins can be used within one school year and will not roll over into a new school year.
- Drop-ins are limited to 10 students per program per day (e.g. 10 students in Study Buddies and 10 students in CASL each day) to ensure we have adequate staff support.
- Spots are filled on a first come, first served basis, so please contact the after-school office at email@example.com no later than 10:00 a.m. the day of drop-in to ensure your student's space.
- Drop-ins can be scheduled ahead of time, which we highly recommend.
- To purchase a package(s) please follow the registration link at the bottom of this page to create a Procare account.
All payments for after-school enrichment must be submitted before the beginning of the program on January 3. If students sign up for Study Buddies, CASL, or an enrichment class after the trimester has begun, the total amount of their registration fee will be due on the day they begin their program.
All adjustments to student schedules for after-school enrichment must be made before January 12. We make exceptions for changes related to school sports and tutoring schedules; however, these exceptions do not apply to outside sports, tutoring, extracurriculars, or events. All cancellations made after January 12 will not be refunded.
All students must be picked up promptly at 5:30 p.m. A $20.00 fee will be charged to the student’s account for every day they are not signed out by a pre-approved adult by 5:30 p.m.
If your student attends Study Buddies or CASL on a day when they are not scheduled to attend the program, a $40.00 charge will be added to their account for the service.
Registration opens on December 12. You will create a registration application for each student. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. You will receive a notification regarding your enrollment along with an invoice for your enrolled classes. Once your student account has been created through your registration, any changes or additions must be communicated to the after-school team at firstname.lastname@example.org.