Alumnae Reunion 2019
Celebrating classes ending in 4 and 9 on March 22–24, 2019.
We're so excited to welcome alumnae back to campus to reconnect with friends and discover all of the fantastic ways Santa Catalina is engaging the next generation of girls!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Shannon and why does she keep emailing me?
- How do I register?
- Does the registration fee cover all activities?
- Can I bring a guest?
- Which hotels will be hosting reunion attendees?
- What is the schedule?
- How can I assist with planning my class's Friday evening party?
- How can I contribute to the Santa Catalina Fund in honor of my upcoming reunion?
- If I need special assistance, is there transportation around campus?
- Who are the staff contacts for Reunion?
Shannon Gaughf is an alumna from the class of 2008 who came to work at Catalina in December 2017. If you have received an email from Catalina in the past year, it probably came from her! As the Alumnae/i Relations Coordinator, Shannon plans Reunion, manages class volunteers, runs the alumnae Facebook and LinkedIn groups, edits class notes for the Bulletin, and coordinates chapter gatherings around the world. She is a former stage manager, having worked in New York on Broadway, at Radio City Music Hall, and at The Plaza Hotel before returning home to Catalina. She is always happy to answer a question or direct alumnae to the appropriate department. She can be reached at email@example.com or 831.655.9391.
There are three ways to register:
- Fill out the online form below.
- Mail the RSVP card included in your mailed invitation with a check made out to "Santa Catalina School Alumnae Association."
- Call Shannon Gaughf, Alumnae Relations Coordinator, at 831.655.9391 to pay with a credit card over the phone.
We encourage alumnae to take advantage of our special Santa Catalina rate of $199.00 at The Portola Hotel and Spa. There are many restaurants nearby for your Friday evening class gatherings.
Click the button below to reserve your room at the special rate. Rooms at this rate are available from March 21 to March 26, 2019. Please Note: This rate will be available until February 22, 2019.
You are also welcome to call the hotel reservations line at 1.888.222.5851 and mention Santa Catalina Reunion 2019 to book your room.
Friday, March 22
Events on Friday are for alumnae to experience Santa Catalina as it is today. This is your best chance to meet current students. Join us for Assembly, attend classes and a student panel, and enjoy lunch with students. In the afternoon, take a campus tour or check out after-school activities before attending your off-campus class gatherings.
- 10:30 a.m. – Registration. Enjoy coffee and tea as you register for Reunion. (Library)
- 11:15 a.m. – Morning Classes. Which class will you attend? Attend a class from a list of several and experience what is being taught at Catalina today. You may recognize a teacher or two!
- Studio Art: Ms. Claire Lerner
- World History 1: Mr. Broeck Oder
- Marine Ecology Research: Dr. Christian Reilly
- English 1: Dr. Nancy Hunt
- Spanish 3 Honors: Dr. Kassandra Thompson Brenot ’87
- Rehearsal and Performance: Mrs. Lara Wheeler Devlin ’02
- Noon – Lunch with Students. Join classmates and other alumnae for a casual buffet-style lunch with students. (Dining Room)
- 12:40 p.m. – Assembly. Go back in time and see Study Hall and participate in Assembly. See what is new and what traditions remain the same.
- 1:00 p.m. – Afternoon Classes. Which class will you attend? Attend a class from a list of several and experience what is being taught at Catalina today. You may recognize a teacher or two!
- Biology: Dr. Lisa Marrack
- Algebra 1: Mr. Ned Stork
- AP U.S. History: Mr. Dan Place
- Digital Media: Ms. Jaime Ball
- AP English: Mr. Fred White
- 1:50 p.m. – Santa Catalina Today. Learn about academic and extracurricular offerings from current students. (Study Hall)
- 2:45 p.m. – Campus Tour. Take a walk down memory lane with current alumnae, staff, and faculty. Don’t miss the tour of the math and science building! (Leaves from the Library)
- 3:30 p.m. – After-School Activities. See our performers at rehearsal in the PAC or our athletes competing on the athletic field or in the pool.
Saturday, March 23
Events on Saturday are to celebrate alumnae. Join your class and other anniversary classes for the Alumnae Reunion Celebration, and lunch. Enjoy cocktails and dinner off campus at The Portola Hotel and Spa.
- 9:00 a.m. – Registration. Enjoy coffee and tea as you register for Reunion. (Library)
- 10:00 a.m. – Reunion Celebration. Gather with your classmates for the annual Reunion Celebration. (Performing Arts Center)
- School welcome and update by Head of School Meg Bradley
- Honor Bobbie O’Connell Munson ’59 and Karen Johnson Hixon ’69 as they receive their 2018 Distinguished Alumna Awards
- Enjoy performances by students
- Alumnae Association Update
- Celebrate the Class of 1969 on its 50th Reunion
- Singing of the “Alma Mater”
- Luncheon. Following the Reunion Celebration, enjoy a festive lunch with your classmates and other Reunion classes. (Dining Room)
- 1:00 p.m. – Campus Tour. Take a walk down memory lane. Don’t miss the tour of the math and science building! (Leaves from the Red Parlor in the Hacienda)
- 6:30 p.m. – Cocktails and Dinner. Enjoy an evening with your class at The Portola Hotel and Spa. Professional photos, including class shots at each table, will be taken throughout the evening. (2 Portola Plaza, Monterey)
Sunday, March 24
Events on Sunday are designed to celebrate alumnae memories of their time on campus.
- 9:30 a.m. – Alumnae Mass. Alumnae and students participate in this special Liturgy. (Rosary Chapel)
- 10:30 a.m. – Brunch. Join current boarding students for a casual brunch before saying goodbye.
1959: Bobbie O'Connell Munson and Kathleen Mailliard Rende
1964: Flo Nixon
1969: Theresa May Duggan, Anne Woolf Franson, Bridget Hildebrand
1974: Sally Fay
1979: Melina Eversole Montoya
1984: Jenny Leaper
1989: Vanessa Tiyaamornwong Cazzell, Heidi Cohen Cook, Liz Maher Purdum
1994: Laura Mulloy Ault and Abiah Folger
1999: Katie Maloof Alden and Mieke Fuchs Smith
2004: Marina Barcelo and Katie Fruzynski
2009: Camille Massaro-Menz and Maddie Vitanza
2014: Inés Borromeo, Betsy Hulme, Lauren Staples
There are three easy ways to make a reunion gift to the Santa Catalina Fund.
- Mail your donation to the Development Office: Santa Catalina School, 1500 Mark Thomas Drive, Monterey, CA 93940
- Call the Development Office at 831.655.9379.
- Give online.
Donations received after June 30, 2018, will count toward your reunion gift.
Gifts to the Santa Catalina Fund truly make a difference in the lives of our current and future students. Help your class celebrate Santa Catalina’s past and future!
Learn more about giving and the Reunion Challenge here.
For reunion activities:
Gretchen Mueller Burke '83, '79 LS
Director of Alumnae/i Relations
Shannon Leigh Gaughf '08
Alumnae/i Relations Coordinator
For reunion gifts to the Santa Catalina Fund:
Director of Major Gifts and Campaign Manager
Registration is now closed. Stay tuned for the dates for 2020!