Santa Catalina School is located in Monterey on the central coast of California, a region that boasts one of the most scenic coastlines in the country. From expanded learning opportunities to weekend outings, Monterey and its surroundings offer Catalina girls plenty to explore.
Glorious nature, amazing restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops—in Monterey, there’s a lot to uncover.
- Relax with friends on the beach.
- Enjoy shops and cafes in Carmel.
- Go hiking on trails with incredible views.
- Go kayaking, paddle boarding, and surfing in Monterey Bay.
- Take day trips to San Francisco and San Jose.
- Hit the links at 21 golf courses in Monterey County.
Monterey is a small town with big city resources that enrich our academic program.
- Study marine life in Monterey Bay.
- Partner with scientists from the world renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute.
- Visit and show artwork in local galleries.
- Hear from experts at institutions such as the Naval Postgraduate School, Middlebury Institute of International Studies, and Panetta Institute for Public Policy.
At Santa Catalina, you're in the quintessential California setting.
- Live and study on our 36-acre Spanish-style campus; Architectural Digest named Catalina the most beautiful private high school in California.
- Bask in a Mediterranean climate, where temperatures often hover in the 60s and 70s, even in winter.
- Enjoy fresh food thanks to our proximity to the Salinas Valley, known as the Salad Bowl of the World.
- Take it easy in a safe, laid-back city with a rich diversity of cultures.